Adding individual contacts
If you need to quickly add a few contacts to your audience, here's how. Keep in mind you can also add many people at once using the import feature.
How to add someone to your audience:
- From the main Audience page, click the Add button.
- This will open up a blank contact record. Fill in the information in the fields provided.
- Check any groups you'd like this contact to be a part of.
- The mailing status is already set to Active. Leave it that way.
- Select Save or Save & Add another.
If you're adding someone who already exists in your audience, we'll alert you and then have you make your changes to the previous record.
It's OK for someone to be part of more than one group in your audience. If you send to three groups (at the same time) and Bill is in all three, we'll make sure he only gets one copy.
Need a few tips for growing your audience in a permission-friendly way?
- Link to it every chance you get.
- Add your signup link to your day-to-day email signature.
- Run email promotions that require someone to bring friends.
- Use conversations with customers and prospective customers as an opportunity to invite them to join your list.